From:
Christopher Petrik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 13:34:43 -0500
Hello,

I am trying to find out information about museums / galleries which are
comparable in location, size and scope to our gallery (McMichael Canadian
Art Collection, Kleinburg, ON). Any information you have on such
institutions would be appreciated.

Our gallery is:
   Located 1/2 - 1 hr drive outside of a major urban centre (2 million
   population)
   1/2 hour drive from a major airport
   Population of 11 million is within 3-4 hours drive of the gallery
   Has approx. 500 works on display in an exhibition space of approx 30,000
   sq ft.
   Annual attendance of around 130,000 - 150,000
   30,000 + educational school visits per year.

The key feature is galleries that are located close to, but not directly
in, major urban centres.
Any information on institutions in N. America or beyond, that fit these
descriptions would be greatly appreciated.

Please feel free to reply directly to me.

Thanks in advance,
Christopher Petrik
McMichael Canadian Art Collection