From:
Tracie Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 13:53:58 -0600
Cindy-

You didn't say if you get interviews for these education positions that you
apply for?  Are you?  If not I would seriously look at you resume and cover
letter.  You seem to keep getting jobs in the visitor services areas, are
you perhaps stressing that too much in your resume.  If you have tried all
of these things and then still don't seem to be anywhere I would agree with
the other sender who encouraged you to look outside the non-profit sector.

Also, I think I would say that if that many of your fellow students are not
getting placed in education positions either that perhaps the degree program
that you choose is not well known or understood so that potential employers
get an instant heads-up when they see that on your resume.

Please do not think that I'm not very sympathetic to your plait and am
telling you things that you already know.  I'm only offering suggestions.
Feel free to take it or leave it.

Oh, one more think, if you are sure that you have done a good job with your
resume, find a fellow educator (maybe even off this list and outside your
immediate area) to review your resume and see what they see are your
strengths and weaknesses.  Having someone knowledgeable on what is important
in a given field take a look is often the only way we find out where we are
truly not stressing our more important assets.

Good Luck!  Sometimes venting and saying what is happening is that only
first step to changing it!

Warmest Regards
Tracie Evans

Tracie Evans, Curator of Collections