From:
Rebecca Mileham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 1996 17:19:21 +0000
For several years a living history project for schools ran at Kenilworth
Castle, Warwickshire, UK. I believe it was set up by the Archive Services
Teacher for the city of Coventry, Eileen Castle. A history teacher called
Ann Moore at my (then) secondary school, Trinity School, Leamington Spa,
Warwickshire, was very involved.

The project centred around a recreation of the visit by Queen Elizabeth I
to Kenilworth Castle in 16-something (?). As you can tell from my lack of
factual knowledge, the emphasis was definitely on learning about the
customs, food, people and atmosphere of the times than dry dates!!

Hope this is useful.

Rebecca.

Programmes Unit
Science Museum