From:
Reine Hauser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 10:31:29 -0400
>Has anyone else ever received a request to use a picture of your museum's
>exhibits on a non-museum-related website?

***No, but in print publications.

The visitor would like permission to photograph our exhibits and to use the
photos on his website.

***This permission was denied by us, as there was no quality control of the
photographs or images.

 Additionally, We have photos of the exhibits we are willing to share with
him, but I'd like to see
>another institution's permission forms to see how this is handled.

***First of all, who owns the rights to the photographs of your exhibits?
Did the photographer sign away his/her rights, or were they taken by a
staff member?

***Additionally, does the visitor you refer to have a commercial or non-
commercial site?  If the site is a business or commerical site, you might
consider charging a fee for usage.   You might also consider charging a
separate fee for supplying the images.  This wil use up some staff member's
time, so you should be reimbursed for it.

***One way or the other, the individual in question should have a link to
your site from his or her site.  This can be written into any agreement.

Sorry, I don't have a written agreement/permission  to share.

Best--Reine Hauser

Museum-L" (without the quotes).