From:
Laura Mahoney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 1997 13:03:04 -0500
Boy that could lead to some hefty salary.  I happen to know several
teachers, including mom and dad, and trust me the starting salary for a
person with a BA and no experience in a public school is MUCH higher
than many museum professionals who have been in their jobs for
YEARS!  For example, my friend started her teaching position right out of
college with her BA at $29,000.  Meanwhile, with my MA in Museum
Studies and tons of internship experience the highest offer I got was for
$25,000.

Laura Mahoney
Office of Sponsored Projects
Smithsonian Institution

>>> Mary Day Kent <[log in to unmask]> 02/26/97 12:24pm >>>
How about a minimum of $5000 more than the starting salary of the local
public school system for elementary teachers?