From:
James Landrum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Nov 2005 10:27:49 -0600
Subject: CIDOC annual meeting 2006, Gothenburg Sweden; First Call - Call for papers

Apologies for cross-postings

*Wider perspective - broader base*

CIDOC annual meeting 2006
Gothenburg , Sweden

----------------------------
First Call - Call for papers
----------------------------

The CIDOC annual meeting and conference 2006 will take place in
Gothenburg, Sweden, September 10-14 2006, in the localities of The
Museum of World Culture and nearby venues. Invitation and further
info at:

http://cidoc06.se

CIDOC is the international focus for the documentation interests of
museums and related organizations - an international committee of
ICOM - International Council of Museums

The conference themes enlighten the fact that more and more efforts
are taken in the field of cross border cooperation and the focus on
standardisation from outside the traditional museum sector.

At the same time as other organisations and users looks at museums we
also have to look at the knowledge management movements outside museums
and to collaborate between sectors as natural and cultural heritage. Aspects
as fighting illicit traffic with heritage objects and bringing
intangible heritage knowledge to future needs, amongst others, also form a
challenge for the documentation systems.

We also would like to enforce the museology and information science
researchers to study the standardisation evolution within the museum
field.

Opening for a broader knowledge of CIDOC and the CIDOC work we hope
to gain a stronger adoption in everyday work in museums, and a more
active partaking in future CIDOC activities.

We welcome and encourage - together with the established experts -
students, young professionals and curators coming from the
universities and not earlier represented museums around the world, to
take part in the conference as delegates - and to become members of the
CIDOC.

See more information on the conference at  -  http://cidoc06.se

CIDOC and ICOM Web Sites - http://cidoc.icom.museum -
http://icom.museum

Welcome

For the organizing committee

Anne Murray
Bengt Wittgren
Hans Rengman

--
From the desk of James [Jim] E. Landrum III,
Archaeology Materials and Database Manager,