From:
Doug Lantry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 20:54:16 -0400
Come and see the Ohio Statehouse. It's one of the best examples in the
nation of Greek Revival architecture, and a national historic landmark.
Its recent renovation/restoration took seven years and $120 million, and
the result is (we think) the best balance of old and new you'll find in
any historic structure. It was completed in 1861; its Senate annex was
completed in 1901.

Drop in and say hi in the Education & Visitors Center--insane school tour
schedule permitting, I'll be happy to give you the cook's tour!

The Statehouse is located in the center of downtown, corner of Broad and
High streets. Park either under the Statehouse or in the City Center
Shopping Center in the block to the south.

-Doug L.

Doug Lantry
The Ohio Historical Society
Statehouse Education and Visitors Center
Columbus, Ohio