From:
Vera Uyehara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Aug 1998 16:51:36 +0000
Please pardon any cross-postings.

We are beginning a project to build a Mars Rover - Sojourner II for
display in our new museum.  It will be manipulable via the internet
through our web site, natureshift.org, through the Telerobotics
Adventures curriculum. I am looking for other museums who use robots or
robotics as an exhibit or as an interface device with the public.

If anyone is involved with this, I would be very interested in learning
of your work.  Going one step beyond, I am trying to put together a
panel regarding this topic for the next AAM meeting in 1999. I need one
more panelist.  I would be very interested in an art or history museum
that incorporates robotics as part of an audience development
opportunity.  Possibly a museum that hasn't done it yet, but is open to
exploring what might be possible.

The panel is on using robotics to develop new audiences, whether through
a personalized robotic tour of a contemporary art museum, to a robotic
instructor at a science center, to a robotic model for fine art classes,
etc.  The possibilities are endless!

Please contact me ASAP if this is of interest.

Thanks - V
--

Vera L.Y. Uyehara               [log in to unmask]
Executive Director