From:
MARK FOWLE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 1997 13:35:07 -0700
I too missed the posting regarding the good Dino Exhibit.  I assume the
request was input for opinions about them.

This last weekend I visited the Museum of Natural History in San Diego
which has the travelling exhibit, Jurassic Park and Dinosaurs.  That's
not the exact name of the exhibit.  As a matter of fact I don't really
know what the actual name is.

The exhibit was well done contrasting the movie "view" with the
scientific "view".  Props, parts of sets and other material from the
movie were on display as well as actual dinosaur artifacts (some from
the museum's collection, I assume).

The "commercial" aspects of Jurassic Park were down-played, in my view.
While this was fine for me since the museum was not crammed packed with
people, I think they could have done with some more promotion.  I think
this is a good example of how a commerical venture can work with a civic
venture and be of benefit to both.

-Mark-

**************************************
* Mark Fowle, General Manager        *