From:
"Jennifer L. Burns" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2006 16:10:46 -0400
We have had some geocaching visitors at our site.  Rather than searching
for something that was buried, it was more on the lines of trivia
questions that referenced various historical markers on our site:
1. Inscription on the FACE of the sundial (Not the dedication plaque)
2. Inscription on the plaque by Alexander Martin (Not the maple tree
plaque)
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=38e92c9d-1d44-4d9
9-a0cd-5426451cad3d
Ours is a pretty easy one, but it is nice that they provide information
on when the park is open and we have received visitors from this that
may not have otherwise visited.

We probably would not have allowed digging at our site (museum and
historic park w/buildings).  It could give other visitors the wrong
impression and if someone goofed in their readings they could dig where
you don't want them to.

Jennifer Burns
High Point Museum