From:
Geri Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 08:14:36 -0500
Dear Deborah,
Local references are fine, but any good recruiter or museum human resources
professional will welcome the names of out of state or out of country
references if they are doing their job correctly.  What's important is that
they hear from supervisors who can speak intelligently about you as an
employee and how you contributed to your former organization.  As to getting
feedback, you have every right to ask for comments about your interview,
where you were strong and if there were any issues.  As the founder of
Professionals for NonProfits, an agency that provides staffing for museums
and other nonprofits, it was our policy to get back to candidates and
clients soon after an interview, and relate comments to both parties.  All
the best in your job search!  PS:  Although I still am a shareholder in PNP,
I have started another new business that specifically meets the needs of
museums and the cultural community.  I can now be reached at Thomas &
Hirsch, 146 West 28th Street, New York, New York 10001; phone: 212/802-7310;
fax: 212/ 255-4358; email: [log in to unmask]    I look forward to
hearing from both former and new colleagues.  Cheers!