From:
Sylvia Duggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 1997 11:41:09 -0400
The number of outgoing loans our museum handles has been growing
recently.  We are also planning to review our loan policies and
procedures sometime in the coming year.  In preperation for this I would
like to ask a couple of questions of the Museum-L community as a quick
way of assesing the norm out there as opposed to my own sense of things.

1) Do you ever refuse a loan request on the basis that it was not made
far enough in advance, that the existing schedule is too tight to easily
allow for the needed conservation/registrarial work or arrangements
etc.?

2) Do you charge an "administrative" loan fee above and beyond
conservation, packing and shipping costs?

2a) If so is it on a per loan, per object or per time/direct expenses
incured basis?

Thank you all for your time in responding.  Either respond to the net or
directly to my E-mail [log in to unmask]

Sylvia S. Duggan
Assistant Registrar, Loans
University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology
33rd and Spruce Sts.
Philadelphia, PA  19104
215/898-4013