From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 16:32:00 +1200
From Museum cleaning to Fundraising Software......

The wonderful world of Museums is 'littered' with all sorts of planning
documents and forms.  All lovingly compiled by generations of colleagues!
It always struck me that we constantly 'reinvent the wheel' in our quest for
documentation, not to mention the software downloads that have proved of
use.

I have spent the past three days compiling a new section for the GLOBAL
MUSEUM webzine and invite you to visit it. http://www.globalmuseum.org

MUSEUM RESOURCES is not simply a collection of useful links. It came into
being as a result of the enormous international interest in the FORUM
posting of Sharron Dickman's Marketing Plan.

Global Museum has a preference for links that give DIRECT FILE DOWNLOADS or
to pages that are specific in content.

The current MUSEUM RESOURCES section includes: marketing, disaster planning,
world heritage, archives, conservation, anthropology, artefact analyses,
software utilities and general resources.

We would like to add to this list of useful material for the profession so,
if you have file/plan/resource to share, please email us at this address:

All material should be FREE to all who wish to use it and in the case of
software, FREEWARE or SHAREWARE

I hope you will find the new section of use.  I wish I had access to such a
resource when I was directing my first regional museum..... which is too
long ago to contemplate!

with best wishes to all
Roger

Avoid becoming Road-Kill on the Information Superhighway. Read Global Museum
http://www.globalmuseum.org