From:
Aaron Goldblatt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 May 2005 15:56:33 -0400
Hello Amanda,
Mexico City is a bit more than a day's drive from Central Texas, but
would be worth the trip.  One of the most beautiful children's museums
in the world is Papalote, in Chepultepec Park.  It's been a couple of
years since I visited, but I suspect they still have a marvelous
archeological dig area outside the building.  It is heavily staffed (as
is almost everything they do) so the experience is somewhat dependent on
the skills of the staff person.  But by design, the program and exhibit
is comprehensive, thoughtful, and rich.
Unhappily, the person I knew there is no longer around, but I'm sure
they would be happy to show off their work.
http://www.papalote.org.mx/papalotemuseo/ (Spanish only)
Hope this is helpful.
Aaron

Aaron Goldblatt