From:
Stuart Park <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 1995 14:17:00 PST
I happen to be reading an absolutely excellent book on the subject right
now.  Highly recommended:

"Text in the Exhibition Medium" ed. Andree Blais
1995.  315pp
Societe des Musees Quebecois / Musee de la Civilisation [Canada]
ISBN 2-89172-024-5
ISBN 2-551-13496-X
(Two ISBNs because of being joint publication)

It's in English (excuse the lack of accents on the French names above - my
Mail software doesn't have them) though it uses a number of examples from
French language theorists - great to find them explained in English.  It's a
good mix of the theoretical and the practical - knowing the theory behind
ideas makes implementing them much easier.

Stuart Park
Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa,
Wellington, New Zealand.
Email [log in to unmask]