From:
Albert Sperath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 09:16:36 -0500
At the other end of the spectrum is an exhibition/s by an artist by the
name of Beauvais Lyons. He has created his own civilization with pages from
books, large scale wall artifacts, small functional wares, etc. He runs the
Hokes Archives and I can give you his e mail. We have shown one of his
shows and we have booked another. The new one is of a collection of "Folk
Art" given the archives by a couple of "collectors." To the unsuspecting
visitor it can be all too real. It presents a conundrum, do you tell them
or is the object of the show to teach them to question what they are faced
with. The last show we did was a great success and Lyons is good to work
with. I think the show is rent free, only shipping costs involved.

Please respond directly to me.

Albert Sperath, Dir. Univ. Art Galleries

Albert Sperath
930 Billy Paschall Road
Murray KY 42071
502-753-1163