From:
CANDY CARLSON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 May 1996 09:08:02 -0700
Contact Dr. Cynthia Bettison, director of the Western New Mexico
University Museum in Silver City, New Mexico.  They have excellent
archeaology "trunks" that travel to local schools before children visit
the museum. Although in a small, rural area, hundreds of elementary
students tour the museum monthly as part of their course work. I
worked at the museum prior to moving to NM to attend graduate school, and
worked with many local teachers to arrange field trips to the museum.
They do not have e-mail, but the address is: WNMU Museum, PO Box 680, Silver
City, New Mexico, USA 88062. The Phone Number is (505) 538-6386.

Candy Carlson
San Francisco State University
Museum Studies Graduate Program

On Sat, 18 May 1996, Lisabeth Dotan wrote:

> I would like to gather information about museums around the world who have
> developed pre-visit educational museum kits. I am aware of kits existing in L.
A.