From:
Karen Reeds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 2010 15:26:46 -0400
Gayle,    4/17/2010

Here's what David Elliott, the producer of the documentary, The
Curious Mister Catesby, suggests as another place to explore on your
road-trip:

"Another place - just up the road from Magnolia - that your friend
might enjoy is Middleton Place, where we shot a lot of the film.
They have a people mover that helps folks get around and also decent
horse carts that have interesting tours.  The museum there has an
original first edition of Catesby's "Natural History"; they rotate
which pages are open for viewing (first place I ever saw - or even
heard of Catesby. There is also a nice inn on the property.  Cf.
<>www.middletonplace.org

Catesby was almost undoubtedly at both Magnolia and Middleton.

So far as haunting is concerned, Charleston probably has more per
square foot than anywhere else.  While there are ghost tours, I
suspect they all involve walking.  However, the Battery Carriage
House, a nice B&B at which we have stayed a couple of times, has one
to itself (however it didn't manifest itself while we were there).
Carriage rides in Charleston itself are worthwhile - guides have to
undergo comprehensive training in Charleston history, although that
doesn't seem to prevent their being creative."

--
  Opening  May 2, 2010, 1-4
"Call the Doctor! Call the Nurse! History of Medicine in New Jersey, 1775-1975"