From:
Harold Needham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 06:40:21 -0500
I think the reason no one responded is that this is such a huge topic that
it defies a quick or easy answer. For example, I give several different one
and two day workshops that ALL relate to exhibit evaluation. A bibliography
of 800+ citations on visitor studies, evaluation, market research and
performance measurement, developed by colleagues in Graz and Amsterdam and
myself probably lists 150-200 citations on exhibit evaluation ALONE!

That's how big a question you're asking.

One of my workshops is on a do-it-yourself approach to visitor studies,
aimed primarily at exhibit evaluation at various stages of planning and
development. It is designed expressly to get heritage institutions from
being interested to actually doing their first studies.

Harry

"It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly
unless one has plenty of work to do."

              - Jerome K. Jerome (1859-1927)

Harry Needham, M.A., CFE, etc.
President
Harry Needham Consulting Services Inc.
Training & consulting services for heritage institutions - and others!
74 Abbeyhill Drive
Kanata, Ontario K2L 1H1
Canada
email: [log in to unmask]