From:
Aaron Marcavitch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:42:16 -0700
Hey folks,

Got a question for you all.  I am really interested in gardens.  I know I a resident webhead and
computer techie, but there is nothing finer than sticking your hands in the dirt and playing with
crops.  Maybe its the farmer in me.  Anyways, I was hoping to see if anyone has any ideas on how
to get into this type of job without getting another degree in horticulture.  I will work as hard
as anyone to research this stuff, but I dont think that will cut it.

I am sure a few will say that I should get an internship in gardens, which I am doing, but is
there anything else that would make someone hiring for this type of position really just jump up
and down and say "this is the guy we want" over someone with a landscape architecture or
horticulture degree?

Thanks for your time!
Aaron Marcavitch

=====
www.aaronmarcavitch.com

Graduate Student Caucus Chair
American Association of History and Computing

M.A. (Public) History
Middle Tennessee State University