From:
Adrienne DeAngelis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 11:30:34 -0800
Hello--
        The problem with "secret shoppers" is that they are frequently
tempted to exaggerate their experiences. I don't see why a supervisor
cannot simply pay better attention to what happens in the shop or in other
parts of the museum in order to judge how the workers are working. Why are
strangers to be trusted with providing information that could affect
someone's job?

        Adrienne DeAngelis
        Resources in Art History for Graduate Students
        (http://www.efn.org/~acd/resources.html)