From:
Christopher Dill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 10:09:30 -0700
Sooo... what makes you think the jacklope is mythological?

There is a jackalope in almost every bar in western ND, most in SD, and lots in MT and CO, too, and I've seen postcards of them from to 1920's, so I'd bet their origin is clouded in the mists of time.  Unfortunately, I don't know of one in a museum collection, but the western states' museum associations might be able to find you one in their memberships.  Try this link to get info on all the state associations:  http://www.aam-us.org/related.htm#state

Chris Dill