From:
Carol Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 1997 09:16:36 +0000
Bari:  I am currently teaching a course at Emily Carr Institute of Art and
design entitled "Who has the Right? Copyright and the Visual Artist"  I am
a curator so my slant may be different to yours.  Also, my interest is
Canadian Law but I have found a number of references that may be of use to
you.  I cannot access these today so I will forward them to you tomorrow
(off list).
Hope this will help

Carol Mayer

e At 12:28 AM 11/16/97 GMT, you wrote:
>I am a law student currently writing a directed research on the issue of
>Museum Liability for Copyright Infringment -- of works displayed
>(e.g. an appropriationist's copyright infringment), and works copied by
>the museum (in catalogues, or reproduced on t-shirts, stationery, and the
>like).
>
>So far, my research has yielded no reported cases and no articles in
>any major publications.  The only cases which relate to this topic are Rogers
>v Koons, and Dauman v Estate of Andy Warhol, because galleries are named
>as co-defendants.
>
>If anyone has any comments, experience in this area, or has read anything
>that might apply here, I would greatly appreciate your help. Additionally,
>I will be writing a paper next spring on Intermuseum Loans in the EC, and
>would welcome any information on that topic as well.
>
>Thank you.
>
>-- Bari B. Brandes

Carol E Mayer
Curator