From:
KATHLEEN HUTTON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 17:18:13 -0700
Kimberly Beach wrote:

> I am looking for some ideas for programming around Halloween that are
> feasible for a small historical society.

Dear Kimberly:

        Our Halloween tradition has been very popular, and it is very
simple.  We have a highly skilled actor do a reading of Edgar Allan Poe
short stories and poems.  All he needs is a stool, a single candle and a
dimly lit room.  No other props.  I think he is dressed in a black
T-shirt and black jeans.  He does a great job!  Reading ghost stories,
getting a storyteller, having members of the audience relate their
scariest story or nightmare?  Maybe you could think of your available
resources along these lines.

good luck.

Kathleen Hutton
Reynolda House Museum of American Art