From:
Terrilyn Wendling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2007 09:09:55 -0700
Another possible family friendly item are scavanger
hunts.  Ours are broken into K-2 and 3-5th grade and
are for all of the galleries.  We provide clipboards
and pencils at a central location for them to pick up
on their own.  We mention the scavenger hunts to
patrons with children, but let them decide if they
want to do it.  Of course, the completed scavanger
hunts are taken home.  This seems to get the children
much more interested in the exhibits and gives them
something to do.

Terrilyn Wendling
Collections Assistant
Rogers Historical Museum
Rogers, AR

--- Deana Flanders <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> First, thank you for the many interesting and useful
> school groups.  On to the next project!
>
> I would like to create a printed guide for familes
> and children as they explore the museum.  For those
> of you that have such a thing, I have a few
> questions and a request:
>
> - How is your guide distributed?  Does your
> admissions staff hand it to families?  Is there a
> place where families pick it up on their own?  Do
> they keep it or return it?
>
> - Does it involve writing and, if so, what measures
> are in place to protect your art and artifacts from
> damage?  Have you experienced problems with this?
>
> - Has having a guide created any new challenges we
> might not be expecting?
>
> - Finally, if you are willing to send me a copy of
> your guide, please do.  My address is below.
>
> I am expecially interested in guides available in
> history and art museums.
>
> Thanks,
> Deana
>

> Deana R. Flanders
> Programs Coordinator
> The Bennington Museum
> 75 Main Street
> Bennington, VT 05201
> (802) 447-1571
> www.benningtonmuseum.org

> Important Subscriber Information:
>
> The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
> http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may
> obtain detailed information about the listserv
> commands by sending a one line e-mail message to
> [log in to unmask] . The body of the
>
> If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one
> line e-mail message to [log in to unmask]
> . The body of the message should read "Signoff
> Museum-L" (without the quotes).

Got a little couch potato?