From:
Josh Buck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 09:27:27 -0400
I was wondering if anyone out there could help me.

I will be (God willing) graduating in May of 1998 with an M.A. in
Theatre
History/Lit/Crit and am planning on returning in the fall of '98 for a
second degree; the problem, however, is I am not sure which degree I
should return for.

I would like to work as a curator in a living history museum (and use my
theatrical knowledge to create the best first person interpretation
museum
around); write and publish; and eventually return to school as a
professor
and teach.

So I was wondering what people thought about my choices; should I return
for an M.A. in Museum Studies, or a Ph.D. in History (or even a Ph.D. in
Theatre History)?  I see advantages and disadvantages to all of the
options and was wondering what people in the different majors felt about
their programs and their choices in pursuing those majors.

Please contact me directly at [log in to unmask] as I do not frequent the
newsgroups.

Thank you in advance for all of your help.

                        Josh
http://gl.umbc.edu/~jbuck1

So many nights I just dream of the ocean / G-d I wish I was sailing
again
        -Jimmy Buffett