From:
Elizabeth Donovan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 16:16:25 -0400
Institute for Learning Innovation
                                 www.ilinet.org

From: Donovan@ILINET on 04/28/2000 04:16 PM

To:   [log in to unmask]
cc:
Subject:  Institute for Learning Innovation - Workshops in LA

For those interested in joining us at these workshops I would like to encourage
you to get your registrations in soon!!!  Space is dwindling, and possibly even
more critical, hotel space is at an all time low with a major convention in the
city on the same weekend!!  Please contact me as soon as possible for details.

We hope to see as many of you there as possible.

Thanks
Elizabeth Donovan

The Institute for Learning Innovation is offering two two-day workshops in Los
Angeles, California.  The workshops will take place at the Natural History
Museum of Los Angeles County, June 2 & 3, 2000 and at the California Science
Center, June 5 & 6, 2000.  Hope to see you there!
Visit our Web site for more information and to download a registration form
http://www.ilinet.org.

Developing Innovative Programs & Materials
June 2 & 3, 2000
Faculty: Lynn Dierking and Kathryn Foat
Explore current learning theories and practical applications through interactive
activities  guided  by  a  learning  researcher and materials/program developer.
Learn  innovative  strategies for developing programs and learning resources for
families, other museum visitors and outreach audiences.

Evaluating Educational Programs & Materials
California Science Center
June 5 & 6, 2000
Faculty: Lynn Dierking and Jessica Luke
Learn    techniques   to   apply   evaluation   strategies   to   improve   your
programs/exhibitions.  Work with professional program evaluators to learn how to
frame  meaningful  and  realistic  questions.  Gain  practical experience with a
variety of methods and techniques to use at your institution.

Workshops are held in Cooperation with the Museum Educators of Southern
California

Seminar fees: $300 After May 5 $325
Save  20%  off  the second workshop when you attend both.  Bring two people from
your  institution  and  receive  this  discount on both of your workshops.  MESC
members receive a  20% discount on either workshop.
Visit  our  Web  site  for  more information and to download a registration form
http://www.ilinet.org,  or  contact Elizabeth Donovan [log in to unmask] or call
(410) 268.5149.

The  Institute for Learning Innovation is a non-profit organization committed to
understanding  and  facilitating  free-choice  learning. One way we achieve this
mission  is  through  learning  workshops,  publications  &  seminars which make
current  research  findings  accessible to practitioners working in the field of
free-choice learning.