From:
Ellen Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 1995 11:58:24 -0500
Allison,
        I'm not so sure it isn't right to "go with your gut."  I'm also not
in a museum at present, and don't have specific issues to present, but I know
how important the "arts" have been to me in my life.  They need to hear from
people who have been influenced by a wonderful museum they visited, the oppor-
tunity to hear a symphony, see a play when they live in a small town, in the
middle of nowhere.  I hate to think this, but the people "in charge" now, may
think letters from the professional community is just their (our) attempt to
save our jobs.  They want to hear from anyone they can't label elite!  God, we
have a couple of scary years ahead.  Happy writing all,
Ellen Schwartz
University at Albany