From:
Bob Martino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 12:40:03 -0400
>Some museums have Customer Charters in which museums promise visitors a lot
>of things. On the other hand the visitor has to 'promise' something too. By
>bying a ticket the visitor excepts the terms and conditions of the museum:
>not to smoke etc, not to damage objects, etc...
[snip]

We don't do this at Perkins Observatory, but I'm begining to wonder why
not.  It sounds like a good idea, if for no other reason than to cover our
butts in case we need to evict someone from the property, and they later
howl about it.

We are small enough that we have not had a problem so far.  However, there
is always a chance that we will.  I can't see anyone actually READING such
a document, even if we posted it on the wall, our website, and sent copies
out to the leaders of groups coming for a visit.  Therefore, it would only
be of use if someone tried to sue us for throwing them out or not letting
them in late to a program.

Bob Martino                           "I look up to the heavens
Assistant Director                     but night has clouded over
Perkins Observatory                    no spark of constellation
                                       no Vela no Orion."
http://www.perkins-observatory.org                     -Enya

Museum-L" (without the quotes).