From:
Hank Burchard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 1995 20:58:57 -0500
On 5 Dec 1995, VNYAIC wrote:

> Sorry, but the question, "Is the show suitable for kids?" is the correct
> question to ask. If the job of the museum is to educate the public, and
> children are part of that public, then requesting materials geared toward
> children is appropriate. Sounds like you don't think children belong near
> a museum and that's sad.

     Having been threatened with reform school for skipping school to
haunt the Smithsonian, I am hardly anti-kid in museums. But I *am*
against dumbing down great art in a pathetic attempt to compete with MTV
for the hearts and minds of children.
     Hey, drag the damn kids right on in there, whether they like it or
not. It won't hurt them, and they'll get more out of it than they
realize; a few will be galvanized.
     Just make 'em be quiet.

     Now, go back and read this thread and you will find that you have
missed the point. Also, it is bad netiquette to hide behind your aol ID.

      Hank Burchard * [log in to unmask] * Washington DC