From:
John Awald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 09:19:57 -0600
We have tried a variety of exhibit labels in our galleries.  The latest
seems to be the most promising but we are having trouble with the adhesives
and papers.  The label itself is produced on a PowerMac G3 and a Epson 1520
Laser Jet. We employ use two mounting techniques.

Our first incorporates Epson 1520 printed Epson Photo Quality paper
laminated on the face side and stuck to either plexiglass or black Gatorfoam
using 3M Remount OR 3M Photomount spray adhesive.  We develop one of two
problems after the label is placed in the exhibit - either the clay paper
surface separates from the paper leaving a nice piece of laminating film
with the image on it OR the label peels off the plex/gator.  We have tried
cold mount adhesive in the large rolls -- the paper separates from the
laminate.

We use the laminating process as it enhances the color saturation and
protects the image from finger prints.

Our second technique puts a (in this case NOT laminated) label on the
reverse side of plex with either of the 3M adhesives above -- the labels
separate from the plex and fall onto the exhibit platform.

Any suggestions for products(sources) to try ?

John Awald
State Agricultural Heritage Museum
www.agmuseum.com
605-688-6226