From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 07:13:31 -0700
Well, I'm far from a newbie, having been online for
more than a half-dozen years, but I found out I was a
clueless TAB (temporarily able bodied, which most of
us start out life as until circumstances or the age
fairy bop us on the head and body parts stop
performing anonymously) until I spent time with folks
who have to use devices to read their mail aloud for
them.

It was such a simple change to make that it has become
second nature for me to do.  If you're comfortable
posting at the bottom, and you don't mind if others
have to hear the same message 15 times, and you're
worried that your words won't be convincing enough
that you'll be perceived as clueless, I guess you'll
want to continue in the same fashion.

Me, I personally like to think of an inclusive
community and not disincluding those who may be
different than I.  Often times, accommodations for the
disabled are so simple to do, cost veritability
nothing (most accommodations, according to the
government entity that assists PWD--People with
Disabilities--cost less than $500 to provide), and yet
meet with resistance by people who take their five
senses, mobility, and mental health for granted.

And when you expand your reality to include those
whose is different than your own--very bright, quite
caring, motivated PWD--you can learn they can be as
raucous as anyone else.  You should meet my friend
Frank who was born with spina bifida and yet dances in
competitions with TABs in his wheelchair!  He's
absolutely awesome and such a caring rogue!

Oh, well, I tried.

--- "Ellerbee, Genevieve" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> This is what you learn on the wild and occasionally
> raucous worlds of
> Usenet, where topposting is generally seen as a sign
> of a clueless newbie.
>
> Genevieve
>
> Genevieve Ellerbee
> Associate Registrar
> DAR Museum

> Important Subscriber Information:
>
> The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
> http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may
> obtain detailed information about the listserv
> commands by sending a one line e-mail message to
> [log in to unmask] . The body of the
>
> If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one
> line e-mail message to [log in to unmask]
> . The body of the message should read "Signoff
> Museum-L" (without the quotes).

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a Job?  Try Got Links?, Your One-Stop Portal
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414