From:
Janice Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 10:02:37 -0500
I strongly recommend the Deaccession Reader, edited by Stephen Weil and
available from AAM.   It includes "statements of professional concern" from
the College Art Association, AASLH, AAM, the Association of Art Museum
Directors and the International Council of Museums.  It also includes the
report of the RC-AAM's Deaccessioning Task Force, which reviews current
practice in about 100 museums of varying sizes and subject matter.

Janice Klein
Director
Mitchell Museum of the American Indian, Kendall College