From:
John Martinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 13:46:14 -0700
I've been away from the group for a while.  Good to see some old names still with the group.

I have a general question for discussion.

For anyone in the Living History portion of our field, I would like to know what other
museums or Living History Parks do.   We collect artifacts, but in a living history environment it is
difficult to have it both ways...preserve the artifact but still provide "living history" without destroying the
artifact.   Yes, we can pull all the artifacts and store them....and we are under that process.  I would
like to know what other establishments are doing to help "keep hands off" and replace the artifacts
with reproduction items.   What is your budget to do this, and how can it be accomplished?  Thanks.

John Martinson,
Curator of Collections
This Is The Place Heritage Park