From:
Madelaine Monroe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 21:10:36 -0500
Hello,

My name is Madelaine Monroe and I am a practicum student from Texas Woman’s University’s School of Library and Information Science. I am conducting a feasibility study to determine how the Amon Carter Museum library should approach digitizing a collection of early-to-mid-20th-century pictorialist salon/photography catalogs. The majority of the collection is from North America with the heaviest concentrations being the Northeast, West Coast, West and Midwest, as well as a lesser concentration in Canada, Great Britain, and various locales throughout Europe.  We've determined that the collection consists of about 200 catalogs.  At this stage of the study, we're attempting to locate similar collections and also find out if there are any digital projects already underway or completed related to this material.

Thanks in advance for any information you're willing to share. Reply to the list or contact me directly at [log in to unmask]

Madelaine Monroe

Practicum Student, Library

Amon Carter Museum

3501 Camp Bowie Boulevard

Fort Worth, Texas 76107-2695

817.989.5045

817.989.5079 fax

http://www.cartermuseum.org

All opinions expressed herein are my own and not those of my employer.