From:
Andrew Renaut <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 1997 22:58:24 +1100
F.J. Sarre wrote:

> I'm interested in contemporary collecting, particularly in terms of
> current political issues/events with a radical or direct action
> slant.

The National Museum of Australia - www.nma.gov.au - located in Canberra
has a good collection of such material. If I rember correctly, there is
a collection of Bob Brown's papers etc. from the Franklin River Dam
Tasmainia protests. There is also a "peace" bus.

As part of the museums exhibition space and focus is on the Old
Parliament House, current exhibitions include Bringing down the House
and About the House.
Women with Attitude and Tolerance also have political emphasis.

P.S. lets just hope Harry Needham didn't visit Kryal Castle on his way
to Sovereign Hill!!! Does it still exist???