From:
Roxanne Lambie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 10:45:31 +1100
Hi,

It is my first week acting as an assistant education officer at an
Australian national political history museum.

I have been given the project of making a protoype scarecrow for a
political scarecrow competition that will run in conjunction with the
annual political cartooning exhibition. It is envisaged that twenty
teams of four will assemble in the heritage courtyards to construct
their effigy and the winners will be displayed in the exhibition space.

I am writing to ask for advice for the intital problems that I have
encountered with this project. I have only $AUS100 that is, $AUS5
available in the budget for each scarecrow and the stands are not
allowed to be staked into the heritage lawns. Can any one forward me
some brilliant ideas on how to construct a cheap stand/ armature
that will protect the grass ? The courtyards are enclosed, but are not
very protected on windy days.

Thank you !

Roxanne