Date:
Sat, 18 Apr 1998 07:57:53 +0100
i don't know that i necessarily agree with this statement.  an IS assistant
posting on the tech's site pays $8-12.  here in chicago (much lower cost of
living than CA), a similar position (upgrades, trouble shooting, help desk
type work) in the private sector begins at $16 (and people  complain that's
low).  for the skill level required, the tech is not even close to the private
sector in salary offerings.  i'm not saying $8-12 isn't "decent" by museum
standards, but there is still no comparison with the private sector.