From:
Tamara Real <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 1997 06:58:21 -0400
Amanda:

This isn't a museum, but the Ann Arbor Art Center in Ann Arbor, MI has been
presenting a wine auction for the past 15 years as their major fundraiser.
 The first year, they made $8,000.  This year, the gross was over $200,000.

The key to their success is incredible volunteer support.  There are about 65
volunteers who work on the event, usually starting their efforts in September
and culminating in the event at the end of April.  The reason they work so
hard, for the most part, is that they're wine lovers who are really into
creating a great event.  I would guess that only a third of the volunteers
are even members of the Art Center.

If you'd like more info, feel free to contact me off-line.

Tamara Real

Get Real! Communications
1534 Pine Valley Blvd.,#12
Ann Arbor, MI 48104