From:
John Martinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Nov 1996 10:09:00 PST
Question:  Those involved with pioneer, historical homes or
structures, what means do you take in changing the structures
to allow access to the physcial disabled?

If you add ramps, change the orginal building structure, you
no longer have an authentic "pioneer settlement" the public
wants to see.  The entire pioneer, orginal look of the village is lost with
ramps and appeal of days' gone by.

Are films proper for those who cannot get around, specail guided
tours, etc. that tell the story for those who cannot access the building(s)
is that enough?

What is the group's opinion on how much has to be changed
to adapt to allowing those who cannot enter the opportunity
see the exhibits?  [Most of our buildings, they can see inside,
however, we do not allow the general public into most of the
buildings].  They look through a half-door.  Only cabins do not
allow total viewing such as with a wheel chair.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE -- THE TURKEY IS IN THE OVEN

BEST TO ALL!!!

John Martinson
288 N.E. Maple Avenue
College Place, WA  99324