From:
Amy Scrivner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 11:16:47 -0500
Hello,

I'm conducting some very informal research and a literature review on the
topic of nonprofit mergers.  (From the listserve archives, this has been a
topic in the past with the most recent post dated one year ago.)  There is
an emerging body of research in this area, but the focus is mainly on social
service nonprofits.  There is a frustrating lack of specific information
related to nonprofit mergers in the museum field.  I've read with much
interest the listserve's archives on the topic and I'm wondering if people
would be willing to share their knowledge of the subject as it relates to
the museum field.  Specifically, I'm trying to get a feel for just how many
museum mergers have taken place over the last 5 years or so (I'm including
my own institution, Cincinnati Museum Center, in this count.)  Specific
examples would be wonderful.  Does anyone know if this data exists (I have
not had any luck finding it.)

It will be very interesting to see how the pending economic recession will
affect this issue. I look forward to hearing people's thoughts on this
issue.

Amy Scrivner
Cincinnati Museum Center