Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 11:59:43 -0500
I am job seeking and have used the "monster board,"
i.e. monster.com
and created a monster "agent" that lists jobs specifically
for my needs.

This has been very helpful.

I also have used washingtonjobs.com....a site created
by the Washington Post...
so I am passing on those job seeking tips to you.
Cheers, Margo Arnold

----------
> [...]
> Is it my resume?  No, I had a fabulous museum
> professional from this list and a friend who works in
> an HR department help me with that.  Is it my
> personality?  I guess not since I haven't gotten an
> interview.  Believe me people, it is a competitive
> field.  Below is a list of sites I have compiled.  I
> check each of these sites every few days for jobs.  I
> particularly like the Aviso and MERC sites.  Good luck
> on your search for a job.
> Oh, one more thing.  Recently two of my good friends
> got jobs in the field.  Although neither one of them
> had an M.A. one got a job as an assistant educator and
> the other got a job as the HEAD of a historic home.
> Both of these people got their jobs because of a
> connection.  Therefore, if you are pursuing an M.A.
> don't think that this means you will find a job right
> out of grad school.  In my experience it is usually
> those who get out there and meet people and make
> connections that get the jobs.  I am working on it
> myself.
> www.artswire.org/current/jobs.html
> http://www.arts.state.tx.us/templates/jobpage.asp
>
> www.museum-employment.com/jobindex.html
> http://art.nmu.edu/department/AD_Career-Jobs.html
> www.le.ac.uk/museumstudies/jobsp.htm#leic
> http://aviso.aam-us.org/cgi-bin/aam/classifieds.cgi
> www.museumjobs.com
> www.globalmuseum.org
> www.arts.state.tx.us/templates/jobpage.asp?
>
> www.artstaffing.com/welcome.htm
>

> --- Bethany Sandone <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> <HR>
> <DIV>
> <DIV>Hello everyone,</DIV>
> <DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
> I've been reading the newsgroups e-mails for some time
> now but have yet to write one myself.&nbsp; Let me
> start off like most do and introduce myself.&nbsp; I'm
> a May 2000 graduate from Mary Baldwin College.&nbsp; I
> have a BA in Arts Management (Fine Art) and an almost
> minor in Historic Preservation.&nbsp; Unfortunately, I
> cannot find a job in my field.&nbsp; I had two
> wonderful internships with The Staunton/Augusta Art
> Center and The Beverley Street Studio
> School.&nbsp;(Someone suggested before that
> internships where key to&nbsp;beefing up a
> resume)&nbsp;I also have a lot of customer service
> experience, ie I'm somewhat of a people person.&nbsp;
> And am very good with computers.&nbsp; However,
> whenever I apply for even an assistant position I got
> shot down.&nbsp; I get offered ticket booth, gift shop
> and telemarketing jobs.&nbsp; Right now I'm substitute
> teaching to pay my bills, and I went ahead and took
> the Praxis II for Art Education.&nbsp; I might just be
> at my wits end before long.&nbsp; I've been toying
> around with the idea of grad school.&nbsp; Any
> suggestions would be greatly appreciated.&nbsp; (Sorry
> for all the whining)&nbsp; If anyone would like to see
> my resume, e-mail me back and I'd be happy to forward

<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb

href='http://go.msn.com/bql/hmtag_itl_EN.asp'>http://explorer.msn.com</a><br