From:
Ruby Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 1997 12:35:01 -0400
In October I'll participate in a panel discussion at the AASLH annual
meeting on "History and Hollywood."  I'd be interested in any experiences
that you have had with visitor reaction, either positive or negative,
after your museum or site has been the topic of a movie.  Do visitors
think that movies are historically accurate or do they understand
"artistic license."  In terms of programming, have any of you used popular
movies as a basis for discussing historical topics?  Do you know of
teachers who use movies in the classroom?
Thanks for your help,
Ruby Rogers
Director, Education
Cincinnati Museum Center