From:
Jane Deisler-Seno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 10:34:07 -0500
Minor correction:

I do not know about the other instances listed, and I love the fact that  people who are not Americans can appreciate our good side, but as a native San Franciscan I wanted to set the record straight on one event. In the aftermath of the 1906 earthquake Japan, having an excellent understanding of the effects of such disasters, sent monetary aid to the United States for recovery and rescue operations. The only country that invested more in the recovery was the U.S. itself.