From:
D'Wanna Hanes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2007 11:03:12 -0400
Greetings list,

I'm seeking photographs or drawings of portable dioramas from the 19th
century & very early 20th century, and information on how to build portable
cases for such dioramas.  I'm beginning construction on a series of
three-dimensional dioramas in 1/6 and 1/12 scale depicting events in the
life of a woman whose life spanned much of the 19th century.  The dioramas'
housing needs to be portable and museum-quality, and ideally, fashioned in
the manner of 19th century portable dioramas...in keeping with the era my
subject lived in.  Problem is, I've searched extensively online with no
success in finding drawings or images of portable dioramas--only scant
written references.  Have any of you ever seen an example?  Any suggestions
or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
D'Wanna Hanes
Mandeville, Louisiana