From:
"jerry.symonds" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Aug 2011 08:21:44 +0100
Hi Kate,

I would recommend you seriously consider the Distance Learning MA in
Museum Studies offered by Leicester University in the UK. It's top
notch, has a world reputation and I believe you would find it
affordable. And I am not just saying that because I have that MA!

Noel: I think you might want to be a little more measured before making
sweeping statements about a UK on-line Masters Degree in the UK lacking
rigour and "being less than US high school level". You don't mention the
university involved, but I sincerely hope you are NOT referring to the
Leicester program? I also assume you raised your issues with the
university concerned and allowed them sufficient time to respond?

Of course, I believe in free speech and one of the benefits of this
listserv is that it advocates just this. Neither am I trying to defend
UK academic institutions simply because I am British and live here! My
concern is that the less informed reading your comments might jump to
false conclusions about the high standards of Quality Control over
Degrees at all levels that we apply over here.

The views expressed above are my own.

Best Wishes,

Jerry Symonds, MA Museum Studies (Leicester University) - Senior
Internal Auditor, Historic Royal Palaces, Surrey England