From:
Laurie Milne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Dec 1994 11:20:29 -0700
Just a further comment re: visitor flow and the use of tickets for
prearranged viewing times in museums.  Might I say that I strongly
support this method as it accomplishes several things.  First, it
reduces the number ofpersons viewing an exhibit at any one time so
those present do not have to "fight" the crowds.  Second, it increases
the efficiency of the viewing process and in all likelihood can
increase the number of viewers.  Two exhibits which come to mind that
were very successful in this regards were the Judy Chicago exhibit
at the Glenbow Museum in Calgary, Alberta (early 1980's) and the
Van Gogh exhibit at the Rijksmuseum Vincent van Gogh in Amsterdam
in 1990.

Laurie Milne
Department of Humanities and Social Sciences
Medicine Hat College
Medicine Hat, Alberta