From:
Pat Roath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 19:28:53 -0700
Scott:

Gee, I worked at IU for 8 years and never heard of your office!

        The Costume Society of America Regions III/IV offers an annual
internship for students interested in museum work, and specifically in
the area of costume history.  The Otto Charles Thieme Memorial
Internship is offered to students who are (or become) members of CSA and
live in Regions III or IV (most of the midwest and mountain states and
provinces).  Students must be of senior or graduate status in an
accredited institution, must have completed at least three subject
matter courses related to the field of costume history, one of which
must be a history of costume, and students with a cumulative GPA of 3.0
or above will be considered first.
        Students choose one of three or four institutions. Participating
institutions this year include the Goldstein Gallery at the University
of Minnesota, St. Paul; the Indiana State Museum in Indianapolis; The
Ohio State University Historic Costume and Textiles Collection in
Columbus; and the Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto.  Students receive a
$1000 stipend and programs generally run 4-6 weeks.  Participating
students will be required to report on their experience either through
the regional newsletter or at the regional meeting in the fall.
        Applications for 1999 are due March 1.
        Interested parties may contact me at [log in to unmask] or the address
below.  I will forward your information to the CSA Internship
chairperson.

Pat Roath
President, CSA Regions III/IV
6935 Montana Highway 35, Bigfork, MT 59911