From:
Ann Stevenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 1996 22:34:47 -0700
When I was a undergraduate, I worked for an insurance company and during
a strike, the company (government monopoly - crown corporation) shipped
all the insurance documents to the Philippines for processing (early days
of computerized document processing c. 1975) and microfilmed the whole
lot.  A significant number of the original documents were lost on the sea
voyage back to Canada and an equally significant number of the microfilms
were destroyed by some sort of biological agent.  My point is that no
medium is fool proof and it's always prudent to protect valuable
documents and information in at least two formats.

Ann Stevenson