From:
armando paz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 May 1996 22:18:10 GMT
I'm preparing a project to organize a large collection of art in Brazil
and I was wondering of the possibility of using some new technologies
to help the task of building the database for this collection. The usual
way is to use a lot of paper register all pieces and to have a
photographic file of negatives picturing most of the collection.
This involves a big cost on maintenance of this files and also some
concern on the preservation of this photographic material.

So, I'm asking if someone has experience in using:

- Digital Cameras;
- Computer Databases;
- CD-ROM for the maintenance of large text databases and photo databases;
- Connection to the Internet to show some of part of the museum's collection;
- Release of CD-ROM's that present information about the Museum and it's
  collection ?

Is this alternative much more expensive than the usual way ?

Thanks in advance for any comment !!

Armando Paz